As we age we become more vulnerable to identity theft and other types of fraud. That’s why it’s important to have one of the best online identity theft protection services possible.
Since the arrival of credit cards, identity theft has been a concern, with crooks attempting to commit credit card fraud. However, as e-commerce has grown in popularity and become with such popularity, identity theft has become a widespread and significant concern, especially in online banking. Worse, these criminals target older citizens in particular.
Identity theft may result in more than just financial loss; it can also result in a damaged credit record and financial status, as well as a great deal of heartache and inconvenience. As a result, enlisting the help of an identity theft protection service or agency might be a smart choice. These Identity Theft Protection Services, keep a close eye on how your personal information is used to make sure it isn’t being misused.
They do this around the clock so that you may be notified as soon as an issue emerges, allowing you to address it before it gets out of control. These Identity Theft Protection Services often include recuperation services to assist you in dealing with the fallout of identity theft. This is especially beneficial for seniors who may feel frustrated and unclear about what to do next if they fall into becoming victims of identity theft.
There are many different types of identity theft protection services available so it’s important to choose one that’s right for you.
5 best online identity theft protection services for seniors
Given their status as a large national credit agency, it’s only logical that they provide identity theft protection.
- This service watches: Your information from all three main credit bureaus, as well as any action involving your social security number, bank accounts, loan applications, change of address inquiries, and other personal information. The user gets a real-time warning message via Experian’s Identity Works site when they discover an issue with any tracked info.
- Help is available: Professional fraud resolution service to assist you in getting things back in order, as well as the ability to lock your credit history to safeguard you.
- Customer service: An answer phone system is available 24 hours a day every day, as well as live agents, available seven days a week during work time.
- Monthly cost: $10 for the basic plan, and $20 for the premium plan. There is a 30-day free trial offered.
This firm has very extensive surveillance and protection system.
- This service watches: All kinds of information, including Housing data, court documents, criminal history, driving data, money transfers, payday lenders, the dark web, and credit history. Alerts are delivered through email or SMS, and you may use the web platform to keep track of any account activity.
- Help is available: in the form of an identity theft risk management consultant who will examine your situation and work with you until it is rectified.
- Customer service: A toll-free phone line is accessible for assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Monthly cost: $15 for the basic plan, and $20 for the premium plan.
Providing a complete service as well as a money-back guarantee in the event of identity theft.
- This service watches: all examples of data and behaviors including credit and financial fraud, change of address tries, credit history, the dark web, and strange usage of your social media accounts. Notices are given out practically instantly, and you may get them by email or text message on your phone.
- Expert assistance: Assigned professionals assist you with all elements of your recuperation, including support, making claims, and completing paperwork on your behalf.
- Customer service: A toll-free phone line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Monthly cost: $18 for the basic plan, and $24 for the premium plan. A limited number of days are offered.
Using IBM’s artificial intelligence systems is an extremely strong defense option.
- This service watches: for Their “Total” plan and keeps track of payday loan applications, cell and utility service applications, wire transfers, tax refunds, account takeovers, and the dark web for your information, as well as your credit score changes, monthly credit score, requests to open new accounts in your name, and bank account takeovers. Email or a smartphone app are used to provide quick warnings.
- Support is provided: A specialized case manager who individually monitors your account for 60 days after the issue has been fixed.
- Customer assistance is available: Monday to Saturday via phone or email.
- Monthly cost: $20 for their “Total” package.
They are a service that protects against identity theft and works in tandem with Norton’s anti-virus program.
- This service watches for: Their “Advantage” package keeps track of UPS address changes, credit alerts, and social security number usage. It also scans the dark web for you and protects against lost wallets. Also includes warnings for credit monitoring from a single credit bureau, bank and credit card activities, and crimes committed in your name. Notifications are provided by phone, email, or app.
- Help is available: You will be given an identity recovery professional who will work with you.
- Customer assistance is available: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Cost: Their “Advantage” plan costs $20 per month for the first 12 months ($25 per month after that).
To sum up
The best way to protect yourself from identity theft is to be aware of the risks and take steps to reduce your chances of becoming a victim. One of the best ways to do this is to sign up for an online identity theft protection service. These Identity Theft Protection Services will help you keep track of your personal information and protect your identity if it is compromised.