What are the travel ideas in New York?
As any New Yorker will tell you, you can’t experience everything magical about this vast and complex city in just one visit, just like Paris! And yes, it is part of the pleasure of a travel stay in New York!
Indeed, there is always something new to discover in this city. However, all these enticing options can also complicate the plan your trip in New York City.
That is why we have compiled for you, in this article, a list of the best places to visit during his trip to new york city as well as our opinion and advice for choosing where to book your hotel. You will have our opinion, our advice as well as our good plans before you fly to this destination and live the American dream.
Places and activities not to miss on your first trip to New York City
What better than to make savings during his stay? First of all, you will have to choose a hotel at an affordable price and not far from the places you want to visit, you will undoubtedly spend your best nights there.
Whether you are traveling alone, with friends or family, all schedules must include at least the places and activities below in order to better enjoy your stay in the beautiful city that is New York :
- Climb the Empire State Building or the Top of the Rock to contemplate New York and Manhattan from above;
- A walk in Times Square Street: it is in Times Square that the madness of New York is most blatant, you have to see it to believe it!
- Go to Central Park: Central Park is a huge park in the heart of Manhattan;
- Go to the area where the Metropolitan Museum of Art is located;
- Attend a broadway show ;
- Do not miss the Roosevelt cable car ;
- Attend a Gospel mass;
- Stroll through the neighborhood of the High Line. It is a suspended park that will allow you to cross the Chelsea district as well as the Meatpacking District.
When is the best time to travel to New York City?
Do you want to fly to New York for a week with friends? Before booking a ticket for the leaving for New York, it is important to be well informed in advance about the most suitable period for tourists; the period when they will be able to enjoy and appreciate their stay to the best of their ability. Find the answer below:
- the best time to travel to new york runs from May to September;
- the country’s temperature varies throughout the year and is around 14°C;
- temperatures are lowest in January, with lows of -2°C;
- temperatures are highest in July when the maximum temperature averages 31°C;
- 93 days of precipitation are counted each year in New York;
- December is the rainiest month, with 8 days of precipitation and up to 105 mm of rain;
- May is the least rainy month, with 8 days of precipitation and 68 mm of rain.
What are the travel restrictions in the USA?
The French government declared, on November 25, new measures due to the increase in Covid-19 cases in the country. Many therefore wonder if the latter would have an impact on their eventual trip to the United States, New York, to be precise. Here’s what you need to know:
- a PCR test is done 24 hours before boarding, and this, since December 02, 2021, is necessary;
- the United States requires only two doses of vaccine in order to enter the country;
- however, a valid health pass is required by French airports according to French rules. You will need a 3rd dose of vaccine if the second is more than 7 months old.
How to prove your vaccination during a trip to New York?
In order to prove his vaccination in New York you will need two items, namely:
- Your identity card with your photo of course;
- A double vaccination against COVID-19.
In order to prove double vaccination, you have two options. The first is to show the official vaccination paper or the Tous Anti Covid application. Most places should normally accept this form of health pass.
The second is to download the app NYC Covid Safe that New Yorkers use. You have the possibility to introduce your health pass as well as your identity card in order to have everything on a single application.
New York travel destination
First, plan your stay, then choose a hotel to book near all the places you plan to visit. Save money with the New York City PASSit’s a must during your first trip to New York.
The latter will allow you to visit 5 main tourist attractions and save 40% on average on the standard price. Find some ideas below. must-visit places in New York!
Statue of Liberty
You must pay a visit to the New York icon that is the Statue of Liberty! To do this, you’ll take a boat to Liberty Island, which usually departs from Battery Park in lower Manhattan.
A stop at Ellis Island is highly recommended. Millions of immigrants from all over the world came here to enter the United States. It represents a very important aspect of the country’s history and we discover it, especially in the National Museum of Immigration who is there.
How surrender in New York without crossing the famous Brooklyn Bridge? As you cross this Brooklyn Bridge back to Manhattan Island, you’ll get a breathtaking view of every building in New York City.
You will be able to see Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building and more from the Brooklyn Bridge. Depending on how long it takes you to take all the photos, it will take more or less 30 minutes!
Go back to Times Square to end the day in style. Whether it’s your first trip to New York or your tenth, the lights of Times Square will amaze you. Between advertising screens, department stores, and Broadway theatres, it is by far the most beautiful place in the world.
Walking around Harlem on your own and on a guided tour
If possible, we recommend booking a guided tour of the city with a knowledgeable guide to better understand its intriguing past.